6 Benefits Of Having Global Entry
Updated: Mar 16
Are you a frequent international traveler, tired of the hassle of the airport customs process? Then Global Entry is the program for you!
Global Entry is a United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows pre-approved and low-risk travelers to expedite their process through U.S. customs upon entering through international borders. There are many other reasons why Global Entry is the perfect program for frequent international travelers.
Here are the 6 Benefits of Having Global Entry:
1. “Less Waiting, Fewer Headaches, More Time, Better Experience”
The US Homeland Security says it all, “Less Waiting, Fewer Headaches, More Time, Better Experience”. This program gives you more time to enjoy the end of your vacation and less time spent stuck in airport lines, resulting in a better vacation experience!
2. Only Costs $100 and Lasts 5 Years
The application process is fast and cheap! Easily apply online in less than 15 minutes and complete an in-person interview, pay the $100 fee, and once accepted your membership lasts 5 years. This means you're only spending $20 extra per year to enjoy a stress-free end to your annual vacation!
3. Easy Enrollment and Online Application Process
There are three easy steps to obtaining Global Entry, and you can start online today!
● Step 1 - Fill out and submit an online application.
● Step 2 - After receiving your confirmation that you have been pre-approved, you will then schedule an appointment at an Enrollment Center. You will undergo a background check and in-person interview to finalize your application.
● Step 3 - Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will receive your Global Entry Membership Number, which will last 5 years.
4. Speed Through the Customs Process
With a Global Entry Membership, you can use Global Entry Customs Kiosks at more than 75 airports when entering back into the US from abroad. Using these self-service kiosks results in reduced wait times and expedited processing time through customs.
You will present your passport or US resident card at the kiosk, provide your fingerprint on the scanner, and complete a customs declaration. The kiosk will then issue you a receipt, and you can go directly to the baggage claim or exit. Quick and easy!
5. No Additional Paperwork is Needed Upon Entry!
That’s right! No more waiting in lines and filling out additional paperwork. Global Entry members exit the plane, find self-service kiosks to complete the few easy steps needed, then head right to the baggage claim or the exit.
6. Global Entry Membership Includes TSA Pre✓®
TSA Pre✓® is a program that allows you to expedite your time in security for domestic travel. This program alone costs $85, so for the price of $100, you will be getting both benefits of the Global Entry Membership and TSA Pre✓®.
Enjoy the benefits of TSA Pre✓® at more than 200 airports within the U.S. including expedited security screening by going through the separated TSA Pre✓® line, no longer having to remove shoes, belts, and laptops at security, children under 12 can accompany a parent/guardian with TSA Pre✓®, and more!
I am here to help you every step of the way in your future travel plans. Send me an email when you're ready to start planning.