Top 5 Things To Do In Amsterdam
It's no secret that Amsterdam is one of the most exciting places to visit. There’s no better place to celebrate an upcoming special occasion or have a romantic getaway! With its rich history, artistic legacy, intricate canal system, and abundance of museums, you will find so much to do and see during your time there. To help you create an itinerary for your vacation, we're sharing a list of the top 5 things to do while you're in Amsterdam.
1. Take a historical canal ride. The water tours of Amsterdam are some of the most desired. In the 17th Century, hundreds of canals were created for defense and later for travel. Why not try this popular attraction. During your gentle water ride, you'll get to view some of the country's most detailed architecture and most beautiful landscapes.
2. Take a walk through the wildflowers. Amsterdam takes great pride in its bulb flowers, especially tulips. Visit the amazingly vibrant bulb flower park in Lisse, where you’ll see the tulips in all their glory. If you happen to miss the tulip season, don't worry. There are plenty of bulbed flowers that grow year-round at the park.
3. Visit one of the many spectacular art museums or history museums. Check out paintings by Rembrandt, Van Gogh, or other world-renowned artists. Also, revisit history by walking into the Anne Frank House, where you can see the secret annex where Anne hid during World War II.
4. Walkthrough De Wallen, the nation's red-light district. Although it's famous for what would be considered risky behavior in our culture, there is much more to the city. Try out one of the district's fine restaurants, small boutiques, or find other entertainment at establishments not lit up with red lights. For a faster way to venture through the city, rent a bicycle. You'll find that you can rent a bike nearly anywhere in the country.
5. Last but not least, you mustn't leave the country without trying some of its authentic Dutch cuisines or visiting one of its cannabis coffeehouses. People travel to Amsterdam from all over the world to encounter these coffee shops in person. In Amsterdam, marijuana is simply a way to unwind, and these coffeehouses are some of the most reputable and reliable sources to enjoy a delicious bite to eat and relax as you dine.
I'd love to help you plan an amazing vacation to celebrate life's big moments through travel. Schedule a 15-minute quick "Hello" chat when you're ready to start planning your trip to Amsterdam.